How to embed a Tweet
Did you know that you can embed any Tweet on your own Website? Well, you can – and it’s easy. Here’s an example:
Dreaming of running your own online shop? (or have already launched one, but with disappointing results..?) call @mounsey on 07969169888
— John Mounsey (@mounsey) May 28, 2015
That’s cool. But how?
You’ll be pleased to hear that this frequently used technique is very straightforward (particularly if you have a basic grasp and/or some experience of using HTML). Follow these steps:
- Find the Tweet that you wish to embed (on Twitter)
- Look out for the “ellipsis” symbol/icon (three dots, close together) – and click/tap it
- From there you’ll find an “Embed Tweet” option
- Copy the code block (already created for you by Twitter)
- Paste the code block into your Webpage editor or CMS (e.g. WordPress or Joomla!)
- Save the publish your page/article
- Congratulations! You just embedded your first Tweet
One of the cleverest aspects of this is that your embedded Tweet is automatically formatted to Twitter’s styling (see above). This keeps everything nice and consistent, whilst giving your embedded Tweet(s) the required level of authenticity too.
Additionally, as a nice a prominent “Follow” button is included – enabling anyone who reads the embedded Tweet to connect with the author of the Tweet with a single click/tap.
If you require any help on this or other similar techniques, please drop me a line.